The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati has conducted the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) in 1st, 2nd & 8th, 9th Feb 2020 for M.Tech Courses. The candidates who are interested in the M.Tech Course can apply through online mode before the last date of application. The GATE Online Application 2020 will available soon.
GATE Exam Pattern 2020 Download Admit Card, Syllabus
The aspirants who are applying for the exam can download the IIT GATE Hall Ticket 2020 from the official website after the declaration. The candidates who are waiting for the GATE Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2020 will available in this article. For more information, students can need to stay connected with this main website continuously about the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
Short Points of IIT GATE M.Tech Entrance Exam 2020
Name of the Institution: Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati.
Exam Name: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
Name of the Courses: M.Tech Courses.
Admission for: Post Graduate Courses.
Information about: Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Syllabus.
Exam Date: 1st, 2nd & 8th, 9th February 2020.
Result Declaration: March 2020.
Official Link: www.gate.iitg.ac.in
Tentative Dates of GATE Exam 2020:
|Starting date for the apply application form||3rd Sep 2019|
|Last date for submitting the application form||24th Sept 2019|
|Admit Card issuing date||January 2020|
|GATE Entrance Exam Date||1st, 2nd & 8th, 9th February 2020|
|Declaration of Result||March 2020|
|Counseling Starts from||Updated Shortly|
GATE M.Tech Entrance Exam Pattern 2020
- The exam will conduct on Multiple Choice and Numerical Answer Questions Paper.
- MCQs will have 4 Options and NAQs will have No options.
- The question paper will contain 65 Questions for 100 Marks.
- Duration of time is 3 Hours.
- The exam will consist of 3 Sections.
|Sections||No of Question||Marks for Question||Max Marks|
|General Aptitude||15||1 Marks||15 Marks|
|Technical||25||1 Marks||25 Marks|
|Engineering Mathematics||30||2 Marks||60 Marks|
Note: 25 marks to 40 marks will be allotted to Numeric Answer Type Questions.
Marks for questions
|Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)||1 mark||0.33|
|Numerical Answer Questions||1 mark||Nil|
Syllabus for GATE 2020
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering:
- VLSI Design Tool Technology
- Micro Electronics
- Communication Engg
- Control & Automation
- Digital Signal Processing
- Integrated Electronics & Circuits
- Optoelectronics & Optical Communication
- Microwave Engineering
- Telecommunication Technology & Management
- Power Electronics
- Digital Signal Processing
- Power Systems
- Machines & Drives
- Control & Automation
- Instrumentation Technology
- Thermal Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Material Science & Management
- Manufacturing Science & Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Design of Mechanical Equipment or Machine Design
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Earthquake Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Construction Engineering &Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Rock Engineering & Underground Structure
Computer Science and Engineering & Information Technology:
- Computer Science
- Information Security
- Distributed Computing
- Image Processing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Information Technology
- Database and Information Systems
- Advanced Computing
- Software Engineering
- Computer Systems and Hardware
- Programming languages
- Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
IIT GATE M.Tech Admit Card 2020
The candidates who are going to appear in the entrance exam can download the admit card from the web portal prior to the GATE exam. GATE Hall Ticket 2020 can download by using reg number, Password/ Date of Birth from the web portal. All the details about GATE entrance examination such as entrance exam date, time, the exam center will available in the hall ticket. Applicants without admit card will not be allowed to the examination hall. The admit card contains exam date, venue, time, etc.
Steps to Download the GATE Exam 2020 Hall Ticket:
- Aspirants can need to open the official web portal.
- Find the link named GATE M.Tech Admit Card 2020.
- On the home page, click on the download hall ticket link.
- Enter the required details like the required number, date of birth, and asked fields.
- The admit card will appear on the screen.
- Download and take a print out of hall ticket for further uses.
Postulants must bring Admit card along with required documents to the examination hall.
Result for GATE M.Tech 2020
The candidates who appear for the exam can download the result from the official web portal after the declaration of the result. The aspirants who are searching for the GATE Result 2020 will available in the month of July 2020. The result can download by using hall ticket number, date of birth from the web portal. The result will available most probably in the month of March 2020.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering Counseling 2020
The GATE Counseling Schedule 2020 will available in the month of April/ May 2020. The selected candidates are waiting for counseling schedule will notify on the web portal. Aspirants can check the IIT GATE Entrance Counselling Details 2020 like Counseling date, time and counseling venue etc on the web portal. The postulants who appear in the merit list those aspirants are participating in counseling round at prescribed dates. The IITs will conduct the counseling for merit list participants. The aspirants who appear in the counseling must bring original documents to the counseling.
Official Website: www.gate.iitg.ac.in